Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Auction info!

So we are really getting down to crunch time in this auction! Very fun stuff if you ask me. The Auction will take place on Thursday June 16 at 5:30pm CST and will end on Friday June 17 at 5:30pm CST. This should allow anyone wanting to participate the ability to do so! I will have the items/pictures/description/bid info in TWO locations.

One place will be right here on my blog. I have tons of friends who have no desire to do the facebook thing and that is A-Okay! But I still want you to participate. I will post each individual item in it's own separate post and you will be able to bid in the comments section. I will check in periodically to update to the current bid price so that you know what is going on over on facebook too!

The other place will be on facebook. Go to that link and "like" the Going Going Ghana Auction community page and you will be all set to bid. Same basic principles over there as on the blog. There will be a photo with the item description, photo and bidding info and you will bid in the comments.

Some items will have free shipping as the donors have provided it with their donations. Others will have a shipping cost and I will be sure to point that out in the auction info. If you live local, you will be able to pick the item(s) up from me or have me drop them off to you.

I will be accepting payment via paypal, money order, or cash (for locals only). Sorry kids not messing with checks from people I may not know. Once your item is paid for I will ship it to you (or the donor will) as quickly as possible. If someone falls through on a payment (which won't happen because you all are awesome!), I will go to the 2nd place bidder and offer the item to them.

ALL proceeds will be divided 50/50 to go into my personal travel fund for our trip to Ghana and into The Village of Life school fund.

If there is ANYTHING at all I missed, let me know! This is the first time I have ever done something like this but even if I have forgotten something, I will update this post as necessary or I am a pretty reasonable person and we will solve any issues that arise. Sound good?

Thank you all for your help and support. Can't wait to get this party started :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think what you are doing is simply wonderful!
Best of luck and love!